Friday, October 03, 2008

Snoopy

I never was a dog person . i don't think I'll ever be ( due some series of unfortunate events involving these blessed creatures). Snoopy was my best friends dog. He was a mix breed.
I dont know snoopy stories. For that you'll hav eto contact kavita or rujutha.. Even padmini will tell you long stories about what an even tempered dog he was. But, from when i knew him, he'd turned a little crcnky . He was just old perhaps.
Snoopy, had presence in that house. His warning barks. His heavy thumping on the floor as he ran around. He curious sniffs.His alert stance.He had a presence.He passed away some months back. So, yesterday when i went to kavi's house. iknew he wouldnt be there. but I hesitated to open the gate as always. stepped in expecting to be barked at loudly, expecting him to be tied near the kitchen like always.I realized, suddenly, i miss the dog. I miss his presence in the house.

maybe actually im a dog person afterall.

No comments: