Sunday, August 31, 2008

The train


I go home every weekend. mostly. I dont go only when class or other lab commitments stop me. These train journey, each, are uniquely different.
People who are on the train, are sme and at the same time so distinct from each other.Each person, that you travel with different. Some kids around you really annoying , few really adorable. Few people who want to know when you are getting married, few who dont even look at you throughout the whole journey. Then they are few who just cant stop talking. Old women and men. Younger IIT kids, with shirts that smell, but an intellect that cant be ignored. Happiness dancing in certain eyes, thoughtfulness in some, but some most annoyingly letching. But these experience, whether am alone or with friends are all wonderful. So much is learnt about just human expression and emotions.

These travels are not only abou the people you meet, or observe. Its about spending time with yourself. There's no better feeling than standing at the door of the train looking out the passing bursts of changing colours, with a cup of bad train coffee and wind in your hair. Its fantastic how every thought is wiped of your brain and you know you'd just rather be here at that mintue than anywhere else.


The train , travelling in it has taught me immense patience, because more often then not, it's late. in coming and also in reaching home. It taught me observation skills and tolerance. It taught me, i could just savour the present, for God knows what the future will bring.


I always feel fantastic, when i get down in cantonment, knowing am home,at least or the next two days. But those journies, or just a part of it remains with me. If you ask me, what i'll miss most about finishing my course and being back home, i'd definitely say it's the train travels

1 comment:

Chaggoholic.... said...

Add to the coffee experience a bowl of Cup-o-Noodles. Lol cant miss those. Well train journeys always amazing....